Monday, May 01, 2006

Getting What We Deserve

As a Christian in America I feel like I often get a sense of entitlement. I'm not sure if other cultures deal with this, but I know Americans do. And this is especially expressed when there is some kind of disaster like 9/11 or Hurricane Katrina.

It's awful when so many lives get lost simultaneously. I think that perhaps I'm somewhat desensitized to it because it seems to happen more often than we'd like. And then we start to wonder how a just God can let something like this happen.

I think the best thing to consider is that we're fortunate for every breath we take. I know that I deserve death. Considering that is completely contrary to our nature. We have this sense like we deserve life. I just try to remember to be glad for what I do have.

Now if only I worked so hard as to show that I'm grateful for this job.

No comments: