Thursday, June 01, 2006

Enduring Right Now

I had a great time meeting with some of the guys from Shepherd's on Tuesday and actually started filling out my application last night. I even went so far as to request my transcript from Ohio State. Amanda is on board with all of this and I'm excited to get started.

Today I had an absolutely brutal meeting. I was up a little bit late last night filling out the application. I got up on time for my workout this morning. So I'm pretty tired today. On top of it I had to sit for about an hour of someone talking about how we can generate monitoring reports using a new monitoring package. I'm really glad that he is into this. But I just kept thinking about how even learning Koine Greek sounds pretty attractive by comparison. I also struggled to find ways to keep my eyes open through it.

I'm trying to decide if going to seminary will help or hinder my attitude about work. My plan is that it will give me hope. But I'm afraid that I will start counting on my new life and use that as an excuse to take my eyes off of what I'm supposed to do here. I need to keep focused about why I'm here. It's not just for me to look to the future.

No comments: