Thursday, June 15, 2006

Feeling a Little Flat

I notice that I'm really out of the blogging groove. But I think part of the problem is my lack of angst. I guess this is a good thing. It's easy to read my blog and think that I'm about to bring a gun to work or maybe just up and quit, but that is not the case.

What's interesting is that I lack angst, but I feel a certain restlessness. I guess that's pretty normal when you have something new to look forward to. I also notice that I'm not channelling this restlenssness very well. I should be playing my guitar or polishing my skills with the harmonica, but instead I played some Gran Tursimo 4 last night. I know there isn't anything wrong with the occasional video game, but after doing that I feel kind of empty. It's like I had a whole meal of marshmallow peeps.

My Bible reading is changing too. I'm still doing three days each day, but now I'm in Isaiah instead of the history. I think this time through Isaiah is more meaningful than previous times, but I feel a need to slow down and go through this book slowly and take in all the notes in my various study Bibles. But I'm not doing that because I just want to get through the Bible one more time. I'm not sure if that is the best attitude here.

What I do know is that I'm incredibly blessed. I am in the top .8% of the richest people in the world according to this site. I have a wonderful wife and daughter. I love where I live. And, most importantly, I'm saved by grace. I would do well to meditate on that truth for a while rather than constantly chasing.

No comments: