Thursday, June 15, 2006

It's All Greek to Me

I'm starting to understand that expression a little bit more. I'm getting antsy to start preparing for my classes. I started looking into the resources that we will use to learn Greek. It's pretty intimidating to see words written just in Greek.

Now the alphabet doesn't scare me. I know a good bit of it after getting my degree in Chemical Engineering. But I still wonder about learning this new language. But I also know that it will certainly help me to better handle God's Word.

I told Amanda that my goal is to approach these lessons like Hermione Granger. I'm not sure if I'll be quite that prepared, but I do want to make sure I make the most of it. If I'm going to spend $450/class, I want to make sure that I do it right. Funny how much more seriously I plan to take this than when I was an undergrad.

No comments: