Thursday, June 29, 2006

Happy News

I love good news. Who doesn't? Of course, the best good news is the Good News and I love sharing that too, though I wonder sometimes about my sincerity in writing that since I often don't share it as much as I think I should.

We got all kinds of good news yesterday. The first is that I got accepted to take classes at Shepherds Theological Seminary. I'm very excited to get started with that. And if I can do 2 classes/semester and even if I only do one class in the summer and fall breaks, I will finish in 4 and a half years. That assumes that I get full credit for my work at SCF, which they assured me that I would. If I manage to get in 2 classes in each break I would be done in less than 4 years. That would be pretty exciting. Of course, I write all this now and I haven't started living it yet. I haven't tried to learn Greek or Hebrew. I don't think I ever wrote a term paper as an undergrad, so this will be a new experience for me.

The other good news is that we finally have a guardian for Lily. We've dragged our feet on this for a couple of years because we didn't have a good candidate. None of her grandparents would be a good option for a variety of reasons. We considered her aunts, but there were problems there. So we found some friends from church that are willing to do it. I try to imagine Lily being raised in their household and I feel pretty good about it.

Overall, things are looking pretty good here. When I take a long view like this I can more easily ignore how tough it was last night with Lily waking us up about every 45 minutes with a coughing fit. She's still not well today, but hopefully is on the mend. I can get past the frustrations with testing a product that doesn't work very well. I can get past the frustrations of all the silliness at the Bank. It's amazing how hope for the future gets us through each day. And I think that's what Jesus was trying to help us understand. I know that's what got Paul through his days.

No comments: