Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Traditional Networking

I've had what I like to call a "networking day". What may seem like idle chit-chat actually seems to go a long way toward being more effective at work. I used to feel very guilty about having days where I just stand around and chat a lot. But I've learned that it is very important to have those connections with other people. This becomes especially important when it comes time to scrounge for parts.

I did get some things done. Now I'm in limbo because I'll be rushing home soon so I can get online for a conference call. So I have that excuse of not wanting to start anything new because I practically have one foot out the door.

The point is that I wish we had an entry in our time tracking system for "networking with coworkers". It's amazing how much more helpful someone can be when you've already made a personal connection.

No comments: