Friday, May 11, 2007

Feeding the Blog

I apologize for being so spotty in postings again. Apparently I need a regular "to-do" task to blog. Our normal team of 5 is down to 2 this week and I've been getting stretched in supporting something I don't usually support. However, I have learned a lot and had a chance to shine a little bit. I don't think I'm going to get Associate of the Month, but I do think I've done an admirable job.

We just had a new guy start this week. He is from Boston and hates the Yankees, so that is admirable. He also uses the name "Jesus" as a synonym for "wow." I've already made one little comment about that which I think he got, but we'll see if I need to get more overt.

My team is going through an internal audit. This short-staffed week was planned long ago, but I didn't sign up for an internal audit. I got to spend an hour of my Tuesday listening to my ultra-tense coworker fidget while he spoke for almost the whole meeting. I wanted to tell the auditors that he really is telling the truth, but that's he's just that nervous. The audit is a little frustrating because the auditors keep asking for information whether they understand what they need or not. Another of my coworkers is extremely verbose and was giving an auditor all the information he wanted about something and more. I asked my manager if that was intentional and he said that he "could neither confirm nor deny that." Of course, he said that tongue firmly in cheek. I think I'm going to like working for Jamey.

No comments: