Tuesday, May 15, 2007

One More Time Through

I finally finished a chronological reading of the Bible. I started this last year and was doing pretty much one reading/day as I was in no rush. I stepped it up since my semester ended so I could use my devotional time for reading my Greek New Testament. I'm behind on my Greek studies that I planned to do this summer, so I thought I'd better find a way to spend some time with Greek that way. I intend to start with books I know well like Philippians, Ephesians, James, and the Peters. We'll see how that goes. The key thing will be keeping up.

I'm not sure if I'd do the chronological plan again. It was great to see the history of Israel intertwined with the Psalms and the prophets. However, I went a long time without being in the New Testament. When I go back to general reading I think I'll go with the Discipleship Journal plan again. I liked being in 4 places in Scripture every day.

One problem I'm seeing is that I don't know as that I got a ton out of this time through. I did get a better sense for how the history of Israel all tied together, so I'm glad to have a "gray area" filled in a little bit better. But I still feel as if I was reading more for the head than the heart. We'll see how it goes when I go through the Greek NT.

We're down to about 60 days before Sweet Pea comes into the world. There is much to do before then!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the links to some bible reading plans that I had not seen before. I think I will use the Chronological one to go through the Old Testament in order...