Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Training

I am currently sitting in a training class for a system that I am going to have to support. The problem is that the training class has more to do with using the application rather than supporting it. This leads me to comment on a recently-discovered element of my personality. Forgive me if I wrote on this before.

I often had "solitary confinement" when I was in elementary school. I know that I certainly was isolated from the class in 1st and 4th grades. I think that likely happened in other grades too. The problem was that I was bored with the material, checked out mentally, and would while away the time by chatting with people.

Fast-forward to today. Here I am 25 years later with some of the same problems. If I'm in a meeting and I am not engaged in the discussion I tend to check-out. Normally this results in a consciousness challenge. I'm glad that I now have access to my PC at my desk, but I still feel like I'm wasting time. And, as any reader of my blog knows, I'd rather waste time my way than the way the Bank wants me to.

No comments: