Sunday, February 17, 2008

Focusing on the Essentials

I have to do response papers from my reading for my Biblical Counseling class. What we do is pick a sentence from our reading and expound on how it applies to our personal lives and to our personal ministries. This has been pretty easy for me since I have so much time invested with SCF.

This week I'm going to write on the statement that biblical counselors do not all have to agree on ecclesiological or eschatological issues. Amen to that! While I do think that doctrine is important, I would rather have a Wesleyan who denies the value of psychology talk to someone than a Calvinist who thinks that we need to have other "truth" brought to bear.

I'm sure glad that eschatology isn't important. If it was then I would have to make a decision about what I believe...

No comments: