Sunday, February 24, 2008

The Still, Small Voice

We're wrapping up a study of Ephesians with Setting Captives Free and the past few weeks have been on the Armor of God in Eph 6. We are finishing up with this verse:

Eph 6:18 ESV
(18) praying at all times in the Spirit, with all prayer and supplication. To that end keep alert with all perseverance, making supplication for all the saints,


Mike discussed how we are also to listen to God and how prayer is not supposed to be a one-way conversation. Oh, how this convicts me! I know that I am to be more quiet before Him. I know that I am to take time to listen for His voice more. However, I don't. I still believe that God speaks primarily through Scripture. However, people I trust spiritually tell me that they have a sense of Him speaking to them. Not in the sense of God speaking to Moses, but just having a strong sense of His leading.

I wonder if I would experience more of that if I took the time to listen? That means getting up on time, which means going to bed on time.

No comments: