Thursday, May 01, 2008

Grand Theft Auto

I have described Grand Theft Auto III as the best and the worst game I have ever played. I got through the first section of the game and realized that I just couldn't go on. However, I was thoroughly impressed with the "sandbox" world where you could do pretty much whatever you wanted. Want to do the missions? Then do the missions. Want to go on a rampage and just kill people? Then do that. Want to steal fancy cars and do crazy jumping stunts? You can do that too. What really impressed me was how you could get health back by picking up a prostitute, parking in a back alley, and then having sex. What impressed me further was that you could get your money back by then killing her and retrieving it.

Al Molher made a great post today about GTA IV. This quote from one of the game designers is fantastic:

"If you let your child play this game, you're a bad parent."

I don't think a lot of Christian parents really understand what happens in this game. Unfortunately, some probably do and just don't care.

No comments: