Monday, March 09, 2009

The Righteousness of Christ

Psalms 125:1-2
(1) A Song of Ascents. Those who trust in the LORD are like Mount Zion, which cannot be moved, but abides forever.
(2) As the mountains surround Jerusalem, so the LORD surrounds his people, from this time forth and forevermore.


We're back from our cruise and it looks like I put on 3 pounds. I'm not happy about that because I really thought that we were pretty disciplined. We took the steps all over the place. I ran 4 times during the week and lifted twice. We walked 2 miles each way from the boat to downtown Charlotte Amalie in St. Thomas. It seemed like things should have more or less balanced.

But alas, the scale shows where my heart was last week. It was in my stomach as it has been so many times before. I realize that 3 pounds is not bad for being on a boat for 7 days, but it's still more than the 0 I was hoping for. This psalm reassures me that Christ's righteousness keeps me secure. It reminds me that He is perfect though I am clearly so imperfect.

I greet this week with a repentant heart and a refocus to get back on track. I'd appreciate your prayers.

No comments: