Thursday, April 02, 2009

The Reason for Education

Proverbs 19:2
(2) Desire without knowledge is not good, and whoever makes haste with his feet misses his way.


Someone from my small group decided to go out on his own and start his own Internet Congregation. He invited me to join this group, so I'm trying to be a voice for orthodoxy while there. What I'm seeing is a group that is hungry for some kind of spiritual connection to God, but they don't like the authority that comes from a church. Therefore, they're going to try to do it their own way.

This reminds me of Ignorant in Pilgrim's Progress who made his way to the Celestial City on his own by following his own path. However, when he tried to enter he was surprised to find that he was not admitted and was sent into hell. That's a pretty terrifying thought.

Maybe I'm biased about this proverb because I'm finishing my third year of seminary. All I know is that I don't want to be like Ignorant.

No comments: