Monday, April 27, 2009

Saved from Death

Ezekiel 16:6
(6) "And when I passed by you and saw you wallowing in your blood, I said to you in your blood, 'Live!' I said to you in your blood, 'Live!'


This is part of God's judgment on Israel for her disobedience. He starts by explaining how Israel had no birthright. He made Israel from an Amorite and a Hittite. Yet as she metaphorically lay there like a helpless infant He took her and made her prosper.

I find it's easy to read this passage and shake my head at Israel's foolishness. However, if I back up a step I realize that this applies to me just as much. I was dead in my trespasses and sins, yet God made me alive together with Christ. By grace I have been saved.

What am I doing with that salvation? How am I living? Am I turning to idols as Israel did? Or am I living faithfully for the Lord? Frankly, I'm somewhere in between, but I hope that I'm living for the Lord more than I'm chasing idols. How about you?

No comments: