Tuesday, November 04, 2008

My Die is Cast

I just got back from voting. We were talking this morning about what a blessing it is to be able to vote. Even if our man doesn't win we will witness the peaceful transfer of power next January. We have a say in who will occupy the Oval Office for the next four years. This is incredible.

I had something very strange happen to me today. As I got to my little stall with my pen and looked down at my ballot I actually got a bit choked up when I saw the little oval next to "John McCain/Sarah Palin." It's not that I love John McCain because I certainly don't. However, the gravity of an Obama win just hit home to me all at once. I realized how significant it is regarding the continued genocide of black babies in America, in addition to the 27 million other babies who have been aborted. I realized that the two sides could not be any more different, even going beyond the abortion issue.

I feel good about making my small voice heard in the process. I will be happily surprised if I am not disappointed tomorrow morning, but I am not without hope. After all, isn't this all about hope and change?

No comments: