Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Quiet Time

Psalms 119:145-152
(145) Qoph. With my whole heart I cry; answer me, O LORD! I will keep your statutes.
(146) I call to you; save me, that I may observe your testimonies.
(147) I rise before dawn and cry for help; I hope in your words.
(148) My eyes are awake before the watches of the night, that I may meditate on your promise.
(149) Hear my voice according to your steadfast love; O LORD, according to your justice give me life.
(150) They draw near who persecute me with evil purpose; they are far from your law.
(151) But you are near, O LORD, and all your commandments are true.
(152) Long have I known from your testimonies that you have founded them forever.


This passage reminds me of Mark 1:35. It looks to me like the Psalmist had a regular practice of being awake very early in the morning or very late at night so that he could seek the Lord and meditate on the Word.

What do you do when you are persecuted? You may not be getting chased through caves by a wicked king like Saul chasing David. You likely don't face the persecution that an Indonesian Christian might face. However, I am certain that there is something in your life that should drive you to your knees in pursuit of the Lord.

Let's be sure that we go to Him and His Word to meet our needs and get us through persecution. All of His commandments are true. Let's rejoice in the authority and trustworthiness of the Word, amen?

No comments: